Thursday, February 25, 2010

not enough "oh"'s in smoooth


Sade has a new album.
That's right, I said album. It has been so long since she's produced new music, that the word album was valid last time. Before that, it was record. There seems to be a long wait in between
Sade seems to put out a new piece of work with the frequency that I have sex, but that's an entry for another time (said the Actress to the Bishop..)

She is the original Smooth Operator, has given us the Sweetest Taboo, and No Ordinary Love, and I for one, am very grateful.
I can't wait to get my copy of Soldier of Love.
The very first line is :

"I lost the use of my heart/But I'm still alive"

There is no mistaking Sade's voice. There's no chance you will mistake the sound of another for hers. No- her voice is the equivalent to having the finest, silkiest, most velvety piece of milk chocolate melting in your mouth.
Sade is as beautiful as a Nubian Queen, her face could launch more fleets of ships than pale Helen, and Marc Anthony and Ceasar would not have looked twice at Cleopatra if Sade was in Egypt.
Her very name is a sigh.

Oh Sade

No comments:

Post a Comment