Tuesday, April 14, 2015

and there it was

Spring came in a breath.
It flew in. Or rather, I flew in to Spring.
And it was as lovely as I had hoped.

Washington DC played host to millions of people for the Cherry Blossom Festival.

It truly is a wonderful city. The last two times I have been in DC I've didn't have a chance to explore and appreciate it as I did this time. It is so wonderful to see in person the monuments and landmarks that appear in so many movies, television shows and photographs. And history.

And seeing it through the blossoms of thousands of cherry trees made it even better.
It was a photog's dream.






Everywhere was a cloud of pink and white. 




The majority of the trees are around the Tidal Basin, accented with the sight of many familiar landmarks and monuments. 
nothing says spring like blossoms bursting around a great phallic symbol 



millions come to see the blossoms.. I believe they were all there on this day






It was so uplifting to be where everything was growing 
When I left Halifax there was three feet of ice. A few hours later it was soft spring perfectly popping pinks.
Instantly joyous. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment