Tuesday, April 7, 2015

springing spring

a real snow bird





This morning it snowed. Again.
It started in January and it hasn't stopped. 
Piles and banks of snow.
And this morning it snowed again. 

Many Nova Scotians woke up bitter at the sight.
As for me,  I've done what I've done for the last two months- I've decided to see the beauty in it.
And then I take photos. 


even the birds be like "what the f-??"







But there is another reason I'm not bitter about the weather. 
Tomorrow I won't have to worry about the snow. 
Tomorrow I will see Spring. 
Tomorrow I will head to Washington, DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival

I realize I may sound smug. That is not my intent. 
We've all hated those people hitting the tanning beds for trips to Cuba, DR or Jamaica this winter.
I don't mean to rub it in. 
But at this point it is every snowman for himself.
It's not about a Caribbean vacation, it's about seeing something bloom. 




Although I've been to DC before, I have never been during cherry blossom time and I look forward to taking so many many pictures.


not my picture, but I hope to take lots more like it



The last time I was there I lost all my photos of the monuments so I look forward to getting those shots again.  But mostly, I'm looking forward to the smell. The fragrance of grass and mud and blossoms. The smell of Spring. 
I'm also looking forward to not wearing boots. Or coats. Or layers of clothing.
And temperatures above 0 °C

um.. I'll take the one on the right please... my right.. 



So Spring, if you won't come to me, I will come to you.
Tomorrow.
Tomorrow it will be Spring. 





2 comments:

  1. I loved your pictures of the snow bird! Due to the fact that my brother's crazy about photography, i've come to appreciate the capturing of moments :) I happened to stumble upon your blog, and I enjoyed reading your posts. You have an original voice and as a poet, I must say that your writing has a casually inflicted poetic quality to it. Hope to see more in the near future! ~Abby

    ReplyDelete