Thursday, April 29, 2021

One Year In

 So here it is, one year later into the pandemic and COVID- 19 is still very much a part of our lives. 

But the good news is, the vaccine is ready and being put to arms. I'll get my first shot today. 

But what a year it's been! 

Some have done well, others not so much. 

But whether you thrive in lockdown conditions or not, there's no doubt that we're in COVID fatigue. Even I, with my love of being alone, find myself all "murdery". I'm quick to anger and have very little patience, particularly with anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers. 

This pandemic has shown the best but also the worst of people. I have grown tired of selfishness, of those who think that inconvenience is infringing on their rights. As if the right to infect others is their prerogative. Don't even get me started.. my eye is twitching again..

Nova Scotia has been handling this well. We wear masks and self -isolate (most of us anyway.. see above paragraph). Any sign of case numbers rising and we go into lockdown. No one likes it, but we do it (except for the fuckers) I'm proud to have a government that cares enough to be tough because some of the other provinces (I'm looking at you Alberta and Ontario) have completely fucked their citizens while trying to put the blame elsewhere.  


So what have I accomplished in the last year? 

Finish my novel? Nope

Learn a new skill? Nope

Hone an existing one? Negatory

Blog/write more? Clearly not. 

Clean out my house? A little but not as much as I could have given time and circumstance. 

I also sustained an injury and subsequent surgery that kept me immobile for a good part of 2020 so even though I technically had a summer off, there was little to do but recover. This year it seems I'll get a do-over as I don't expect we'll be back to capacity before Fall. And then I'll be ready to rejoin the humans. 

Maybe. 

Hopefully I'll be less murdery by then.  


No comments:

Post a Comment